Friday, September 29, 2006

Good morning / afternoon / evening folks! (I am not going to do this in every post anyway!)
Being my first post in a blog, I wanted to talk about something good.
Currently, I am in Woodbury, Minnesota. The other day, I was waiting in a queue, in a shop counter. Just in front of me was young mom, with her daughter (may be 4 years), with their shopping cart. Before them in the queue was an old lady.
After a long wait, it was the turn of the old lady. As soon as she moved to the counter, the little kid also pushed their shopping cart and crossed the 'wait-here-for-your-turn' line. The young mom, pulled the kid back vigorously and said, "You NEED to wait for your turn!".

One another day, I was going around the vegetable section of Rainbow, one of the big stores here. There was this little boy (probably 7 years), pushing the shopping cart, with his mom walking along. Being the vegetable section, there was very little space in the aisle (two shopping carts can go at a time). As soon as he entered an aisle, this kid started walking in the middle of the aisle, with his shopping cart. The mom, pushed him to the right and said, "You SHOULD always leave space for others!".

I just wonder, how do these mothers care about even such small things?
I don't think, I will teach such small things to my son.
Is it because, I am in a country where there are a billion people apart from me?
Do we teach our kids to think, that there are other people in the world apart from him/her?

No comments:

Post a Comment