Thursday, June 14, 2007

Great People, Great Minds!

Follow up to my previous post, please find below an interview Super Star gave to NDTV. Usually, I give links to reports. But, I thought this one is worth keeping it in my blog for ever :) When it comes to Thalaivar, rules do change, don't they?
Here's the report ...

======================================
It is not everyday that you get to interview the God of Indian cinema. A day before the release of his film Sivaji, Tamil icon Rajinikanth spoke exclusively to NDTV.

NDTV: Thank you very much for speaking to us. We know you normally do not give interviews. There has been a lot of hype and excitement around Sivaji and people have been talking about the Rajinikanth style. Let us hear it from you, what is the Rajini style?

Rajinikanth: It is the media which has made it so big, to be frank with you. You cannot compare me with Amitabh Bachchan.

If in the cinema world, Rajinikanth is a king then Amitabh Bachchan is the emperor. It is a fact. So do not compare a king to an emperor. Amitji is my inspiration and my role model.

NDTV: You are being very modest.

Rajinikanth: It is a Shankar's picture and AVM production. All credit goes to Shankar. He is a master director, hats off to him. You should congratulate and appreciate him. I am only an actor, a puppet.

NDTV: People say Rajinikanth does not do stylish stuff, what you do becomes the style?

Rajinikanth: (Laughs) I do not know about that, it is God's grace.

NDTV: We have been receiving a lot of fan mail, lot of them saying their favourite Rajini dialogue. Which one of your dialogues is your personal favourite?

Rajinikanth: If I say once, it is as good as saying it a hundred times.

NDTV: Your other dialogue (in Tamil) "Even if I come late, I will come as the latest". Now you have been meeting a lot of your politician friends. So will it be a late but latest entrant into politics?

Rajinikanth: See, Chandrababu Naidu is my friend. Karunanidhi is also my good friend, Jayalalitha also, I know her well. So I am showing my film to my friends, who happen to be politicians.

NDTV: Chandramukhi is still running at a theatre in Chennai, how long do you think Sivaji will run?

Rajinikanth: Let us talk about Sivaji only.
======================================

No comments:

Post a Comment