Thursday, February 26, 2009

No idea what I am writing

For more than 6 months, I didn't write anything on this blog. I had a lot to discuss on: Recession in USA, Economic difficulties in India, Lay-offs, 26/11, By-election in TN, Satyam Scam, Moral policing in Mangalore, Pink Chuddi gifts on V-day, and so on.

But, what will I write new? All these things have been beaten to death and I feel like there is nothing good happening in this world!

One thing, I awed about was the Presidential elections in USA and the way the elections were conducted meticulously. No Loud-speakers, no posters, no cut-outs! Even on the election day, there wasn't anything to suggest so! One thing I was surprised about was, it was a working day! People still voted in large numbers.

But, I still don't understand what's the big deal about first African-American President! On top of it, even Indians were so excited about it! It was broadcast live all over the world, as if Obama is going to Preside over the whole world. Whoever becomes the US President, nothing is going to change
- the 500 rupees you pay (under the table) for getting your driving license.
- the roads that are built one day before the rains, and end up with the same old pot holes making us think why they laid the road again
- the politicians who think about the voting mass, only once in 5 years
- the government which just exists
- the daily struggle of the mass (i.e. you and me)
Then, why this hoopla in India over who becomes US President?

Oscars for A.R. Rahman, Gulzar and Resul Pookutty! Congratulations! You have made us proud! I mean it. Here in the USA, lot of people have watched it already. Many of them told me that they liked the movie and the music! Ok, many of them think life in India is how it is portrayed in that movie! Ha ha ha!!

And, politicians have lined up to take the credit for Oscars! What's new?
And, many people want to have their share of limelight. They have filed suits against the movie and are becoming more noticed in the media! What's new again?

BTW, why have I become so pessimistic? Even when I write about good things, I end up being negative!! I should find more good things to write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment